When should I Go
When should we go to the Newcomer Reception Centre?
For elementary school students:
- First – you should register your child at your neighbourhood Catholic school. Remember to bring your child’s Catholic Baptismal Certificate (or your own if your child is not baptized) when you register at an elementary school;
- The school will set up an appointment for you at the Newcomer Reception Centre;
- A staff member from the Newcomer Reception Centre will call you within a few days to confirm the day and time of your appointment.
For secondary school students:
- First – you should contact your secondary school’s Guidance Department office;
- The Guidance Department staff will set up an appointment for you at the Newcomer Reception Centre;
- After the assessment at the Newcomer Reception Centre the student and their parents or guardians will go to the school to meet with a Guidance Counsellor who will help the student complete their registration, choose courses and set up a timetable.